Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit
Our birth injury lawyers are available to review potential cerebral palsy lawsuits on behalf of parents whose babies are diagnosed with cerebral palsy. To schedule a free review of your case to find out if you qualify, please contact us today.
Lawsuits Involving Medical Mistakes During Delivery
Mistakes made by doctors and the rest of the medical team account for a relatively small number of babies born with cerebral palsy. Nevertheless, such mistakes do occur.
Millions of dollars have been paid to parents of children born with cerebral palsy because of a mistake made by doctors and their team members during the labor and delivery process. If your baby is diagnosed with cerebral palsy, our attorneys can investigate your case to find out if a medical mistake contributed to your child’s condition.
You know the terrible consequences for the brain injured child. You and your child deserve compensation for the life-long effects of cerebral palsy. To find out if you qualify for compensation, please contact us today.
Types of Mistakes that Cause Cerebral Palsy
Cerebral palsy is often caused by harm to the brain of a child just before, during or after labor and delivery. While the condition originates in the brain, it is characterized by abnormal muscle movements. The arms, torso, legs, hands, feet and face may all be affected.
Mistakes that can cause cerebral palsy result in brain damage that almost always results from a part of the brain being deprived of oxygen during labor and delivery. When brain cells fail to receive enough oxygen, they die and the body’s muscles governed by those cells cannot work properly.
The kinds of medical mistakes that can cause the infant’s brain to lack oxygen include:
- Failure to properly deal with an umbilical cord that is wrapped around the baby’s neck, causing the brain to lack oxygen.
- Not delivering the baby soon enough. When the baby stays too long in the birth canal, the brain may not receive enough oxygen. There can be many reasons for failure to deliver the child in a timely manner.
- Brain trauma and death of cells caused by the improper use of forceps and vacuum extraction.
- Delay of delivery and supply of oxygen to the brain when a doctor does not properly manipulate the position of the baby to enable delivery if the baby does not present itself head first.
- Failure to accurately monitor the baby during the labor and delivery process.
- Failure to perform a caesarean section when for a variety of reasons the baby stays in the birth canal too long, resulting in fetal distress and lack of sufficient oxygen to the brain.
Who Is Eligible to File a Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit
Anyone may file a lawsuit if their child was born with cerebral palsy and the cause was the fault of the doctor or someone on the labor and delivery team. It is best to consult with a cerebral palsy attorney to discuss your particular situation and to find out if you qualify.
Contact a Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Today
Even if you are unsure of the cause of your baby’s cerebral palsy, you should contact an attorney to find out if he or she can help you. To schedule a free review of your case, please contact our cerebral palsy birth injury attorneys today.
Viewers of WBAY, Channel 2, pledged a record $1.2 million for cerebral palsy (CP) last Saturday and Sunday.
The Local Cerebral Palsy... read more
A 3-year-old girl with cerebral palsy is one step closer to being able to walk on her own, thanks to TheraSuit... read more
Eight-year-old Mason Murphy relies on his best friend Crisp for everyday tasks such as taking off his socks and bringing him... read more